These tips will make your countertop installation as smooth and easy as possible. We’ll come in from in-home measurements after choosing the materials. Please note that countertops are usually installed at the end of any remodeling, so if you’re purchasing new flooring, appliances or cabinets, those things should be installed first.
- Choose your material, edging, sink, and other options at Natural Gallery Kitchen & Bath
- Schedule a template for us to get an accurate measurement of your
- Finalize your choices and signoff for fabrication
- Schedule your installation and plumbing disconnects and reconnects
- Enjoy your new countertop and refer us to everyone you know
- Review our materials, edging, sinks, options, and request an estimate
- Sign estimate in office or return to us by email or fax
- Make deposit of 10% – 50% (Min. amount of $200) (Visa or MasterCard accepted by phone)
- Schedule Template Date & Time (Templators arrive within schedule time not on the hour. If time is 1pm – 3pm they will arrive within that time period. Allow 1-2 hours for template for normal kitchen)
- Ensure everything is ready for templating by Date & Time scheduled. (See section below)
- If you need to reschedule please do so with a minimum notice of 48 hours
- AN ADULT OVER 18 MUST BE PRESENT AND ABLE TO MAKE DECISIONS AND APPROVE COUNTERTOP DETAILS!
- If replacing existing countertops clean off countertop, access to countertop, and surrounding area
- If new cabinets ensure lower cabinets are fully installed, secured in place, and LEVEL. (1/8” per 10’ Run)
- Have faucets, sinks, cooktops, and other fixtures needing cutouts on-site or delivered to us later. (Fabrication will not be started until we have required items)
- It is recommended to have appliances in place at templating. If not customer takes full responsibility for fitting.
- Discuss seam location and install concerns with templator and be available if they have questions for you
- Sign template sheet to make final approval for fabrication (Or contact our office for revised quote/details)
- If any adjustments to the original project estimate are required our office will contact you with a final estimate.
- Make final deposit payment if you have not already made (Total of 70% is required BEFORE FABRICATION)
*If a responsible adult is not present, no one is home, the cabinets are not ready on the day of template, or you cancel within 48 hours. We will re-schedule your project and you may be charged a return trip fee minimum of $150.
- Ask any questions regarding material, edging, sinks, seams, etc
- All final decisions must be signed off (sign at template or from a revised estimate)
- If you choose to layout the slab please call us to schedule time (if you choose this option we will not begin fabrication or schedule install until layout is approved)
Until the total 70% deposit has been received, and all decisions have been made and signed off in writing, fabrication will not begin and your project will not be added to the installation schedule.
The day before installation, we’ll call you to confirm the time of arrival. Be sure to disconnect and remove your old countertop, sinks, cooktop, appliances, etc. prior to installation. We suggest you schedule a plumber and electrician for the day following installation so they can reconnect plumbing and wiring as required. Installing new countertops is a construction process, and some noise and dust should be expected. If you’ll be living in your home while your new countertops are being installed, plan accordingly to minimize disruption.
For areas directly affected by the installation:
Cover the installation area’s entryways and vents to contain dust and debris.
- Create a clear path through your home for easy access to the installation area and for remove debris.
- Cover furniture and floors along this path and in areas adjacent to the installation.
- Remove all items from cabinets.
- Move all breakables, such as lamps, vases, mirrors, wall hangings, antiques, or other valuables, from areas affected by installation work.
On installation day, our installers will be on time, courteous and efficient. They’ll have everything they need to install your new countertop. Just meet these simple requirements:
- Make certain to have an adult over age 18 with authority to make decisions on hand during installation.
- For safety keep children, pets, and yourself away from construction area and path of access.
- Create a clear path to the installation area and cover any furniture or floors (Do NOT place plastic on floors)
- Move all breakables, valuables, or obstructions from area. Including items in cabinet under sink location.
- Disconnect plumbing, gas, and electrical equipment (Our installers cannot do disconnects)
- If we are removing your old countertop, ensure all items are disconnected and removed. (it’s your responsible to keep your old textures like faucets, garbage disposal, etc.)
- If we are not removing your old countertop ensure it is removed and all items are disconnected (If not removed we will remove and there will be a charge)
- If advised during template you need countertop supports for overhangs have them installed
- We will install your new countertop and sink but not any cooktops, faucets, etc., or make any connections.
- Some dishwashers only install by top mounts. Special brackets are needed for these and can be purchased from Natural Gallery for a small cost.
- Upon completion of your project our installers do a basic clean then review you completed project with you for inspection and signoff.
- Make final payment (either give check to installers or call our office with card payment).
It is your responsibility to ensure that your sink fits the base cabinet. (If you purchased your own sink.)
We suggest you schedule a plumber at least a few hours before installation for disconnect and the day following for the reconnect. If the plumbing is not disconnected when installers arrive, we will reschedule your installation for our next available date and you will be charged a return trip fee minimum of $150.
Our installers will:
- Install the countertop. If countertop seams are required, the installer will decide where to place them for the best appearance. (Stone countertops have visible seams.)
- Install a standard backsplash with the same material as the countertop. (If the job order includes backsplash.)
- Clean the immediate area and leave the job site in “broom-clean” condition.
In almost all cases, the final estimate you receive will accurately reflect the condition of the installation site, and it won’t be necessary to adjust cost or schedule. Occasionally, however, we discover conditions (water or termite damage, electrical or plumbing problems) during installation that must be addressed before we can complete the installation. These conditions may impede installation and require an additional trip charge for coming back.
If we cannot supply the necessary labor, you may need to hire another contractor to perform that portion of the work before we can complete your installation.
If properly cared for, your new countertop will give you years of good service. Please review the care and maintenance information for your new countertop, and note the following guidelines:
- If you haven’t already, arrange for a plumber and/or electrician to reconnect plumbing or wiring as required.
- We recommend that you use cutting boards and/or trivets to protect your new kitchen countertop from cuts, heat sources, etc. Placing hot pots, pans or plates directly on the countertop is not recommended.
Marble, Granite, and other natural materials do vary in color, polish, structure, and movement. Inherent in these materials are sometime visible fissures, pits, and inclusions that are not flaws in the stone. It is the customer’s responsibility to review material for unwanted spots. While Natural Gallery only uses the best quality stone available it does not guarantee flawless materials. Like diamonds these also make up the beauty and uniqueness of natural stone.
If you can’t find an answer below to your question, please feel free to contact us at 919-878-1988 . Our friendly team is standing by to provide you with information on every aspect of the products and services we provide. You can also get a quote on our services here.